Human Rights Without Frontiers Int’l
Table of Contents
(Prior to UPR session on Japan)
Palais des Nations,
Room XXV (25)
“Religious Discrimination in Japan”
Conference organized by the Universal Peace Federation (UPF) in joint sponsorship with Human Rights without Frontiers, the Japanese Victims Association against Kidnapping and Forced Conversion and Foref-Europe
Wednesday October 31, 2012, 12h00 – 14h00 (prior to UPR session on Japan)
Palais des Nations, Room XXV (25)
Human Rights Without Frontiers has just published its report “Japan: Abductions and deprivation of freedom for the purpose of de-conversion”. In the last 40 years, about 4000 members of the Unification Church as well as members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, were kidnapped, confined and submitted to brainwashing for days, weeks, months and sometimes years in total impunity to force them to recant their faith. Last year, Human Rights Without Frontiers carried out an independent investigation in Tokyo and in Seoul. The report was published in Japanese and now in English. It is used as a reference for current campaigns in Japan, UN, United States and academic conferences so that an end can be put to this practice and the Japanese authorities prosecute those who perpetrate such illegal activities.
October 31, 2012, 12h00 -14H00, room XXV (25) (prior to UPR session on Japan)
Opening and Welcoming remarks:
Heiner W. Handschin, Secretary General UPF Europe 2, Coordinator UN – relations, Geneva.
- Aaron Rhodes, International human rights activist, co-founder of the Freedom Rights Project, and former Executive Director of the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights.
- Willy Fautre, President Human Rights Without Frontiers, Brussels – Belgium
- Patricia Duval, Attorney at Law, Brussels – Belgium
- Toru Goto, Representative of the “Japanese Victims’ Association against Religious Kidnapping & Forced Conversion. “
- Mitsuko Antal, Victim of abduction and forced conversion, Japan.
Coffee, Tea and Sandwiches will be provided for all participants.
RSVP, per e-mail, email@example.com, fax 021 728 8812
Editor-in-Chief: Willy Fautre